Wordsmith, world-builder, delver of depths, griever of sorrows, ambiguously pointed, lover of would-be heroes and painter of shadows.
SPECIAL NOTE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRAN. They're birthday is today!
A little bit more about Bran; Growing up in rural Missouri surrounded by dense forests teeming with giants, dogwood horses, pine castles and grapevine snakes, Bran has always had a very healthy imagination. This was further inculcated by their mother, who encouraged them to read the likes of Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov. Their love of fantasy and writing has never waned even as they got older, and has developed into a need to write.
They currently live in Southern Missouri with three young nerdlings and three precocious felines. When not writing, Bran can be found with their face still glued to the computer screen playing video games or reading.
Bran identifies as nonbinary/trans demisexual panromantic and prefers the pronouns They/Them.
We sat down for an interview with Mx. Ayres for an interview!
1. Besides LGBT+ OwnVoices, anything else in your books OwnVoice (mental illness, physical disability, etc.)
I also write characters who suffer from depression and have struggled with past suicide attempts and suicidal ideation.
2. What is the best money you've spent as an author?
Scrivener. It is amazing for keeping me organized.
3. Do you view writing as a "spiritual" practice?
4. Have you ever googled yourself? Anything interesting?
not at all, I am very boring
5. What part of life do you write most about? (Child, Teenager, Adult, etc.)
I have characters who span all ages.
6. You've been transported to the world of Harry Potter! What House do you want to be in? Who do you try to date (if anyone)? Is Harry your BFF or the antagonist?
Ravenclaw. Who is Harry?
7. You meet your favourite author! They tell you they've read your book and LOVED it! What is your reaction?
Major internal meltdown while grinning like an idiot and thanking them until they tell me to shut up.
8. You're at the club (I know we're both probably introverts but like, play along) Your favourite song comes on! What is it?
Psycho by Breaking Benjamin
9. You're transported to your WIP! What is your relation to the MC?
oh shit, not good.
10. Anything else the readers of this world should know about you?
I take great pains to make my characters as realistic as possible.
If Bran seems like your kind of author, you can follow them on Twitter @Brohne
They have a personal website as well: branlindyayres.com
Where Can We Find Your Books?
We thank Mx. Ayres for joining us today!
Tune in tomorrow for our next author, Riley!