Hi! I'm Tay. I write the Faerie Court Chronicles with NineStar Press and a few short stories here and there. I'm a student right now, so writing time is limited. I also love to be outside or I start to get fidgety at my keyboard, haha. Historical tours, the beach, nature centers, and city down towns are my favorite places to go.
A little bit more about Tay; You can call me Tay. :) I grew up in Michigan reading a lot of fairy tales and watching probably more movies than I should have. These days I'm still reading plenty of fairy tales and writing some of my own.
Tay identifies as Soft Butch Lesbian and prefers pronouns She/Her.
We sat down for an interview with Tay-Tay!
1. Besides LGBT+ OwnVoices, anything else in your books OwnVoice (mental illness, physical disability, etc.)
Gia, the protagonist of The Song of the Faerie Prince, comes from a very similar place I was in at her age, being both biracial and heaver set, if that counts. :)
2. What is the best money you've spent as an author?
Can't say yet. I'll keep you posted when I find out!
3. Do you view writing as a "spiritual" practice?
In some capacity, yes. For one, it's allowed me to work though a lot of things in the closet in creative ways. The feed back on my writing has actually been really helpful in how I present my work and, by extension, myself.
4. Have you ever googled yourself? Anything interesting?
Yep. Not really. Just my blog, book reviews, stuff of that nature.
5. What part of life do you write most about? (Child, Teenager, Adult, etc.)
Lately I've been really fixed on the teenager years.
6. You've been transported to the world of Harry Potter! What House do you want to be in? Who do you try to date (if anyone)? Is Harry your BFF or the antagonist?
I'd probably be a Ravenclaw and maybe date Luna, or just be friends. She'd be a fun friend. Harry would be that kid I groan about when he does something that disrupts the school year AGAIN, haha.
7. You meet your favourite author! They tell you they've read your book and LOVED it! What is your reaction?
I'd be completely flabbergasted and might start crying. I'm secretly a giant cry baby. I cry most when I'm happy for some dumb reason.
8. You're at the club (I know we're both probably introverts but like, play along) Your favourite song comes on! What is it?
I love clubs, actually! So long as strangers leave me alone and I can just hang out with my friends. Right now it would have to be Janelle Monae's "Make Me Feel."
9. You're transported to your WIP! What is your relation to the MC?
Good question! I'd probably be a tourist visiting who is wondering about the weird boys heckling the nice girl working at the coffee shop I just visited.
10. Anything else the readers of this world should know about you?
I'm grateful for you. So unabashedly grateful. I discover a new fantastic author every day, so it means the world to me that you've decided to take time to read about me. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Be well.
If Tay seems like your kind of author, you can follow her on Twitter @TayLaRoi
She also has a personal website: www.taylaroi.wordpress.com
Where Can We Find Your Books?
We thank Tay for joining us today!
Tune in tomorrow for our next author, Bee!