JM Wolf is a former singer/songwriter, turned MM Romance author, from Virginia whose books are heavily influenced by his passion for romance and music.
A little bit more about JM; JM Wolf never thought he would one day say that he's a published M/M romance author. Having a poet for a mother and a sister to once ran a blog, it was only a matter of time before JM discovered his writing genes. In the beginning, his sole purpose in life was to be a singer/songwriter. Writing lyrics was the first step putting his thoughts onto paper. Even while singing, JM always found time to dabble with writing little short stories but never thought too much about it.
Once he reached adulthood, his music dreams left him, but not the feeling for writing down what was in his mind. However, that didn't mean music no longer played a part in JM's life. His debut book The Black Feather was inspired by one of his favorite songs. Whether lyrics or love stories, you will always find JM's heart and soul in every word on paper.
JM Wolf lives in Chesapeake, VA with his husband and in-laws. When he's not writing, you can always find reading a good book, spending time with the love of his life, or jamming out to music. He didn't pick the world of literature, the literary world picked him.
JM identifies as Gay and prefers the pronouns He/Him.
We sat down for an interview with JM;
1. Besides LGBT+ OwnVoices, anything else in your books OwnVoice (mental illness, physical disability, etc.)
Physical/mental abuse, alcoholism, thoughts of suicide, loss, grief, violence, gore (only for my paranormal books), adult content, bottled emotions, and death.
2. What is the best money you've spent as an author?
My kindle FIRE, because that meant I was able to stop reading books from my phone.
3. Do you view writing as a "spiritual" practice?
I'm not entirely sure about it being a spiritual practice. Maybe it is, but all I know is that writing has been a great escape from reality, and I love being able to give my characters, my kids, life.
4. Have you ever googled yourself? Anything interesting?
I have lol and nothing interesting really. Just my links and posts from my blog tours.
5. What part of life do you write most about? (Child, Teenager, Adult, etc.)
6. You've been transported to the world of Harry Potter! What House do you want to be in? Who do you try to date (if anyone)? Is Harry your BFF or the antagonist?
I don't think I could date anyone from the HP world.
And I would consider Harry a friend, but not BFF, and ally.
7. You meet your favourite author! They tell you they've read your book and LOVED it! What is your reaction?
Try not to pass out for starters lol, but I'd also tell her it's a huge honor to meet her, how much I love her books and how much she's influenced me as a writer.
8. You're at the club (I know we're both probably introverts but like, play along) Your favourite song comes on! What is it?
Move Your Body by Sia
9. You're transported to your WIP! What is your relation to the MC?
Ground Adam for life I consider him my child, and he's too wolf lol
10. Anything else the readers of this world should know about you?
I often put my life events into my stories and I always pay attention to what readers are looking for in books. I often try breaking out of the typical stereotypes that are found in books. I'm not be the best writer in the world, and I'll never pretend to be one, but I always write from heart and I hope you'll see that in my books.
If JM Wolf seems like your kind of author, you can follow him on Twitter @author_jmwolf
They also have a personal website: www.authorjmwolf.com
Where Can We Find Your Books?
We thank JM Wolf for joining us today!
Tune in tomorrow for our next author, Crystal Queer!