C.M. Valencourt is a new m/m and queer romance author. They are currently submitting their first book, a road trip ex-friends-to-lovers romance. They like figure skating, ghost hunting shows, and Carly Rae Jepsen.
A little bit more about CM; C.M. Valencourt is a new m/m and queer romance author. They are currently working on their first book, an ex-friends-to-lovers road trip novel featuring slam poetry, blue hair dye, and a chase scene through a theme park. They like figure skating, ghost hunting shows, and Carly Rae Jepsen. They live in Michigan, but would really love to live somewhere with less snow and many, many more dogs.
CM Valencourt identifies as Gay and prefers the pronouns They/Them.
Another interview? Um... YES!
1. Besides LGBT+ OwnVoices, anything else in your books OwnVoice (mental illness, physical disability, etc.)
My upcoming book also has anxiety disorder representation, and I'm hoping to play with some of my other identities in the future!
2. What is the best money you've spent as an author?
I may have a hoard of premade covers sitting on my Google Drive, ready to inspire for my next manuscript.
3. Do you view writing as a "spiritual" practice?
I think I sort of kicked the whole mystical writer thing long ago. Writing really fills me up and makes me happy, but I don't really feel connected to anything spiritual when I do it. (But to all the ghosts listening, if you wanna drop in and make that happen, hit me up!)
4. Have you ever googled yourself? Anything interesting?
I'm really new, so I haven't yet! Once I get going, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist.
5. What part of life do you write most about? (Child, Teenager, Adult, etc.)
New Adult and Adult
6. You've been transported to the world of Harry Potter! What House do you want to be in? Who do you try to date (if anyone)? Is Harry your BFF or the antagonist?
Oh, I love this question! I would definitely want to be a Ravenclaw. At the end of the day, I think I'd go after Neville. He's just such an honestly good guy, and I think he'd be fun to sit down and have a butterbeer with. Honestly, I'm not sure Harry and I would have much interaction, but maybe we'd meet at some point, because I really want Ginny Weasley to be my best friend (book Ginny, not movie Ginny, please).
7. You meet your favourite author! They tell you they've read your book and LOVED it! What is your reaction?
I would want to use it as some sort of promotional opportunity, but I'd definitely just end up stuttering my thanks and walking away.
8. You're at the club (I know we're both probably introverts but like, play along) Your favourite song comes on! What is it?
Anything by Kesha. If Kesha's playing at the club, it's a good club.
9. You're transported to your WIP! What is your relation to the MC?
I'm not really ready to deal with all of the drama from either of my protagonists, so I think I'd probably be the quiet screenwriting student that worked with Derek (an aspiring director) one time but found him a little too much of a control freak.
10. Anything else the readers of this world should know about you?
I don't think so! Thanks so much!
If CM seems like your kind of author, you can follow them on Twitter @cmvalencourt
Where Can We Find Your Books?
My story in the Love for all Seasons anthology is Own Voices, but I don't know about any of the other authors, so maybe it's best not to include it.
That's the only thing I have out right now, so probably following my Twitter is the best way to find out about new stuff. https://twitter.com/cmvalencourt
We thank CM Valencourt for joining us today!
Tune in tomorrow for our next author, J.P. Jackson!