I'm a graphic designer originally from Dublin and now living in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. I create bear designs for www.themoodybear.com, as well as designing logos and posters.
A little bit more about Glenn; I am a 39 year old graphic designer originally from Dublin and now living in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. I create bear designs for www.themoodybear.com, as well as designing logos and posters. I've been interested in writing since I was a child, as essay writing was the one and only thing I was ever any good at in school. When not writing or designing, I enjoy photography and watercolour painting.
Glenn identifies as Gay and prefers the pronouns He/Him.
Mr. Quigley gave us an interview! Take a seat with us!
1. Besides LGBT+ OwnVoices, anything else in your books OwnVoice (mental illness, physical disability, etc.)
Nope, so far it's just LGBT+.
2. What is the best money you've spent as an author?
Joining the Society of Authors. As a new author, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing on the business side of things, so their help was crucial. [You can check out SoA here]
3. Do you view writing as a "spiritual" practice?
Not spiritual, exactly, but it definitely helps calm my mind. When I don't write for a while it gets awfully noisy in there.
4. Have you ever googled yourself? Anything interesting?
I have, but it's mostly been to find reviews for advertising.
5. What part of life do you write most about? (Child, Teenager, Adult, etc.)
Adulthood, definitely. I didn't particularly like being a child so I doubt I'll spend much time writing about childhood.
6. You've been transported to the world of Harry Potter! What House do you want to be in? Who do you try to date (if anyone)? Is Harry your BFF or the antagonist?
I think I'd be more suited to being on the staff. Is there a magical equivalent of IT support at Hogwarts? Someone's got to design the house flags and banners and stuff. I'd do that. [There's gotta be a IT support in Hogwarts...]
7. You meet your favourite author! They tell you they've read your book and LOVED it! What is your reaction?
A squee on a frequency audible only to dogs.
8. You're at the club (I know we're both probably introverts but like, play along) Your favourite song comes on! What is it?
Never Forget You by The Noisettes.
9. You're transported to your WIP! What is your relation to the MC?
I'm sitting across the bar making eyes at him but he doesn't notice because he's oblivious to these things. Sigh.
10. Anything else the readers of this world should know about you?
My twitter is mostly about my art but that's only because I don't like to talk about my writing until it's finished. I suppose I'm worried about jinxing it. So, I guess I'm superstitious?
If Glenn Quigley seems like your kind of author, you can find him on Twitter @glennquigley
Find his books;
Ninestarpress,com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Alibris and most major retailers.
You can also follow him on Facebook, where he posts artand book stuff;
That's it for Day Six! We'll see you tomorrow with our next author, Kaye!
Thank you for coming!