When not staying up all night writing, J.R. Gray can be found at the gym where it's half assumed he is a permanent resident to fulfill his self-inflicted masochism. A dominant and a pilot, Gray finds it hard to be in the passenger seat of any car. He frequently interrupts real life, including normal sleep patterns and conversations, to jot down notes or plot bunnies. Commas are the bane of his existence even though it's been fully acknowledged they are necessary, they continue to baffle and bewilder. If Gray wasn't writing…well, that's not possible. The buildup of untold stories would haunt Gray into an early grave, insanity or both. The idea of haunting has always appealed to him.
J.R. identifies as Genderqueer & Bisexual and prefers the pronouns He/Him.
Here's an interview with J.R.
1. Besides LGBT+ OwnVoices, anything else in your books OwnVoice (mental illness, physical disability, etc.)
I have been in the kink community for 14 years.
2. What is the best money you've spent as an author?
On my cover artist. I adore her.
3. Do you view writing as a "spiritual" practice?
Yes, and therapy. It gives me a way to work out the things in my head.
4. Have you ever googled yourself? Anything interesting?
5. What part of life do you write most about? (Child, Teenager, Adult, etc.)
I use all aspects of my life in my books. I put different parts of my soul into different characters.
6. You've been transported to the world of Harry Potter! What House do you want to be in? Who do you try to date (if anyone)? Is Harry your BFF or the antagonist?
Slytherin! I have three Harry Potter tattoos. I'd date George or Fred. Or both. Harry and I would have a mutual respect, but probably rivalry because we are in different houses.
7. You meet your favourite author! They tell you they've read your book and LOVED it! What is your reaction?
It's happened! Well to one of them. Charlie Cochet read Clouded Hell and loved it and I nearly had a panic attack. It was amazing.
8. You're at the club (I know we're both probably introverts but like, play along) Your favourite song comes on! What is it?
Fall Out Boy's Just One Yesterday.
9. You're transported to your WIP! What is your relation to the MC?
I want to be his brother since he's a prince.
10. Anything else the readers of this world should know about you?
Writing half the book in British English wasn't easy. I'm so thankful for my British betas!
If J.R. Gray seems like your kind of author, you can follow them on Twitter @TheOriginalGray
They also have a personal website: www.jrgraybooks.com
Where Can We Find Your Books?
We thank J.R. for stopping in today!
Tune in tomorrow for our next author, May Dawney!