Charli misspent a large chunk of her youth on the back of a Harley, meeting people and having adventures that sometimes pop up in their fiction. Mx Coty writes across the rainbow, contemporary to paranormal, always with an HEA
A little bit more about Charli; Charli Coty also writes under the pen name Charley Descoteaux. Book One of the Buchanan House series was a USA Today Must-Read Romance.
Charli misspent a large chunk of her youth on the back of a Harley, meeting people and having adventures that sometimes pop up in their fiction. Mx Coty writes across the rainbow, from contemporary to paranormal, always with a happy ending. Charli has survived earthquakes, tornadoes, and floods, but couldn’t make it through one day without stories.
Charli identifies as Genderqueer Biromantic Demisexual and prefers the pronouns They/She.
Charli sat down for an interview with us, where they answered some burning questions!
1. Besides LGBT+ OwnVoices, anything else in your books OwnVoice (mental illness, physical disability, etc.)
Mental Illness is a big theme for me, also lower socioeconomic class and rural heroes.
2. What is the best money you've spent as an author?
Going to the Read With Pride conference in Seattle (formerly known as Gay Romance Northwest). I really stretched myself as an author, appearing on and moderating panel discussions and having a table at the Book Fair. I'm sad this con won't be continuing but I'll be looking for another local PNW gig!
3. Do you view writing as a "spiritual" practice?
In a way, but mostly it's where craft meets art. Or vice versa. Writing is the way I process the world and the way I cope with it.
4. Have you ever googled yourself? Anything interesting?
I do every once in a while. The most surprising find continues to be finding my books on websites in languages I don't speak. It boggles my mind in the best way possible that anyone would talk about my books in German or French or Japanese.
5. What part of life do you write most about? (Child, Teenager, Adult, etc.)
Adult, especially older adults, the over-30 crowd that doesn't get a lot of love in LGBTQIA+ fiction. Strangely, though, both main characters in my WIP are in their late twenties.
6. You've been transported to the world of Harry Potter! What House do you want to be in? Who do you try to date (if anyone)? Is Harry your BFF or the antagonist?
Well, I've never read Harry Potter so I have no idea. [I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!]
7. You meet your favourite author! They tell you they've read your book and LOVED it! What is your reaction?
Once I regained the power of speech, I'd thank them and hopefully would remember to ask them to blurb the next one!
8. You're at the club (I know we're both probably introverts but like, play along) Your favourite song comes on! What is it?
A remix of an Alice in Chains song. *lol*
9. You're transported to your WIP! What is your relation to the MC?
I'd want to be her friend but she's much cooler than me, so if I could choose it would have to be sibling or cousin.
10. Anything else the readers of this world should know about you?
I'll be at Eugene Pride on August 11th with a group of awesome queer authors. If you're in the neighborhood, look for us!
If Charli seems like you're kind of author, you can follow them on Twitter @CharliCoty
They also have a personal website: https://charlicoty.com/
Where Can We Find Your Books?
You can sign up for their newsletter as well: https://my.sendinblue.com/users/subscribe/js_id/2m34r/id/1
We thank Charli for stopping by today!
Tune in tomorrow for our next author, KM Penemue!